Current Open Positions
Substitute Teaching Positions
Please complete the Classified Application and send it to Crista Anderson (Principal) at either:
or drop it off at:
- 411 B Street, Dixon, MT 59831
The current rate for substitute teachers at Dixon School is $85.00/day for certified teachers and $80.00/day for staff not holding a current teaching certificate.
For further questions please call Dixon School at 406-246-3566 or email email@example.com
A fingerprint background check is also required. You can find more information about the process here. Fingerprint cards can be completed at the Polson Police Department (106 First Street East Polson, Montana 59860), Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. They are closed from noon until 1:00 P.M. for lunch. If you have a current Montana teaching certificate you are not required to submit a new background check until your licence renewal is completed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dixon Public School District #9 adheres to the principals of equal opportunity in its personnel practices which prohibit discrimination against applicants with respect to race, religion, sex, color, age, handicap or national origin.
Fingerprint and Criminal Background Investigations:
The following applicants for employment and/or applicants seeking approval to be placed on the District on-call substitute list will be required as a condition of employment to authorize, in writing, a name-based and fingerprint criminal background investigation to determine if he/she has been convicted of certain criminal or drug offenses:
- All certified teachers and all support/classified personnel seeking full or part-time employment within the District.
- All coaches seeking employment within the District
- Any employee of a person or firm holding a contract with the District, if the employee is assigned to the District.
- All on-call substitutes (both classified and certified)
- Any requirement of an applicant to submit to a fingerprint background check shall be in compliance with the Volunteers for Children Act of 1998 and applicable federal regulations. If an applicant has any prior record of arrest or conviction by any local, state, or federal law enforcement agency for an offense other than a minor traffic violation, the facts must be reviewed by the Superintendent, who shall decide whether the applicant shall be declared eligible for appointment or employment or selection to be placed on the on-call substitute list. Arrests resolved without conviction shall not be considered in the hiring/selection process unless the charges are pending.